Dr. Dawn Baker’s dream has been to create an office that gives each patient a positive, unique, relaxing and ethical experience. In 2016, she introduced PURE Dental, where patients find a comfortable, no-pressure environment focused on their needs and oral health.
Dr. Dawn Baker is a fun-loving, kind and thorough doctor who has the ability to make patients feel welcome, comfortable and well-cared for. Her personalized attention along with her high-quality clinical training allow her to deliver exceptional patient care and experiences.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL
- BS – Education – The Ohio State University
- DDS – The Ohio State University
- ODA Foundation Scholarship
- Member, American Dental Association
- President, Psi Omega Dental Fraternity
- Member, Ohio Dental Association
- Member, Columbus Dental Society
- Former Board Member, Stonybrook Early Learning Center
- Former Board Member for various local community organizations
- Advanced training – pediatrics, sleep apnea and non-invasive treatment such as Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF), Healthy Start Appliances and Invisalign
- Hundreds of hours of continued education and training with many leaders in the dental industry
- Mentor and Leader for many other dentists and guest on podcasts
- Volunteer for local Charities
- Leadership training
Dr. Baker’s dental career started as a dental assistant in 2004 and progressed to an EFDA while in Dental School. She has worked all positions in an office and had amazing mentors. In 2015, her youngest son fell extremely ill to side effects from his chemo while treating his pediatric cancer. Dr. Baker chose to step away from the profession and stay by his side. During this time, she learned more about being a patient than being a doctor.
Those experiences, good and bad, have helped her develop a goal to always maintain the patient’s best interest and to advocate for her patients. These unique experiences have allowed her to become a detailed and compassionate dentist and also are the inspiration behind “Frankie’s Gift,” our internal charity program designed to support our community. Through Frankie’s Gift, we have donated over $40,000 to local charitable organizations through this inspired program.
When she is away from the office, Dr. Baker enjoys spending time with her husband and three boys and dog, Piper. She enjoys all of their activities as well as spending time with her baseball friends & neighbors, visiting old friends, travel planning for fun vacations, and misses her horses from her childhood. Spending time with and helping people is what makes her heart happiest.
Pure Dental, Dawn C. Baker, DDS
5175 Morse Rd Ste 200, Gahanna, OH 43230