Dr. Lynda Dean-Duru pursues pediatric dentistry with a passion rooted in her fascinating personal story.
For Doctor Lynda, the pathway to dentistry started during her own childhood experience with a dentist’s impact in her native Nigeria. As the eldest of nine children (including seven brothers), she witnessed a total transformation in the health of one of her little brothers after his aches and pains were totally resolved under the care of a well-trained dentist.
As a result of this transformative experience, young Lynda determined to extend that kind of care to others as her life’s calling. She went on to earn her dentistry degree from the University of Benin, her General Practice residency from Howard University Hospital, her Pediatric Dentistry Specialty Training from Children’s National Medical Center, Board Certification from the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, and her Fellowship Laser Certification from the Academy of Laser Dentistry.
Doctor Lynda has undertaken much continuing education in Orthodontic training and is a fellow of the United States Dental Institute and a member of the prestigious Gnathos education group in Atlanta, Georgia. She holds a certification in Oral Myology from the International Association of Oral Myology (IAOM). She has completed levels 1 and 2 of the Advanced Light force functionals (ALF) therapy, ALF Interface Academy Foundations, Genesis, and other courses.
Doctor Lynda is part of an Integrative team of healthcare providers seeking to deliver optimal health to our pediatric population by education, awareness, and collaborative care. She also has a special interest in treatment that focuses on infants’ breastfeeding and prevention of sleep apnea in children.
She is a member of numerous professional and civic associations and provides tens of thousands of dollars in pro bono screenings and procedures along with other community service in Northern Virginia every year.
- ALF Provider
- First in the DMV area to complete all three levels at ALF Education Institute (AEI)
- ALF InterFACE Academy with Dr. Darick Nordstrom
- Graduate, Airway Mini Residency with Dr. Mark Cruz and Dr. Barry Raphael
- Graduate, Pediatrics Airway Orthodontics Mini-Residency
- Certified Orofacial Myologist (COM): International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM)
- Board Certified: American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD)
- Pediatric Dentistry Specialty Training: Children’s National Medical Center, Washington D.C.
- General Practice Residency: Howard University Hospital, Washington D.C.
- Dental School: University of Benin, Nigeria
- Laser Dentistry: Fellowship, Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD)
- Laser Dentistry: Mastership, World Clinical Laser Institute (WCLI)
Professional Associations & Awards
- American Dental Society - Top 50 Dentists - Virginia - 2023
- International Association for Orthodontics
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
- ALF Interface Academy, Foundation for Airway Health
- The Sleep & Airway Study Club
- Foundation for Airway Health (members)
- Founding members of the Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences (AAMS)
- Fellow: American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- Fellow: United States Dental Institute
- Fellowship: Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Mastership, World Clinical Laser Institute
- First recipient of the National Lucy Hobbs Project Award for Clinical Expertise
- Numerous Top Doctors Awards voted by patients and peers
- Dentistry from the Heart: Provided over $90,000 in free dental care to children in Loudoun County
- Loudoun County Public Schools: Dental Awareness Month oral health and dental screenings and pro bono dental care
- Staunch supporter of several community endeavors in the Washington Metropolitan area
“Most people know I love fashion. Find me a unique new purse and we will be best friends! My partner and I love to dance to Afrobeat, Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen, and Diana Ross live in concert. I am a proud momma to Dr. Krystle, who is also a pediatric dentist at ACD, and Marlon, an emerging CPA in Tyson’s Corner.”
44025 Pipeline Plaza, Suite #225
Ashburn, VA 20147