Dr. Funtik is a Board Certified Prosthodontist, an award winning specialist in dental implants, cosmetic crowns, veneers, bridges, and cosmetic dentures. She is also a Chao Pinhole Gum Lift Academy graduate, treating and rejuvenating receding gums. Her passion for beautifying smiles combined with artistic skills in facial esthetics (using Botox and Juvederm) allow Dr. Funtik to create solutions that are completely customized to your individual needs and desires. Dr. Funtik strives for outcomes that bring out the most beautiful and natural you.
Dr. Funtik was named a Rising Star by Colorado Springs Business Journal and was voted by her peers a TOP Dentist in Colorado Springs Style Magazine. She is now a Clinical Faculty at American Academy of Facial Esthetics, travelling and teaching doctors and nurses dermal fillers and neurotoxin applications.
She proudly served on the Board of the American Heart Association.
Dr. Funtik was named a Woman of Influence in 2016 by Colorado Springs Business Journal.
In 2022 she was named TOP DOCTOR for excellence in medicine.
In her early career, Dr. Funtik was trained as a dental lab technician. At the age of 19, she moved to Colorado Springs from Europe and graduated from Pikes Peak Community College in dental assisting. Here, she earned numerous awards such as the Rising Star Award, Arthur B. Metzger Outstanding Dental Assisting Student Award and both International and Dean's scholarships. She was recruited by St. Lawrence University on a full-ride scholarship earning a Bachelor of Science degree graduating summa cum laude in Biochemistry. She was invited to join Phi Beta Kappa, a prestigious academic honor, achieved by only top 1% of college seniors nationwide.
Dr. Funtik graduated from the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine in Farmington CT, where she was honored with the Hanau Excellence in Prosthodontics Award for outstanding clinical skills. Here, she also obtained her specialty training in Prosthodontics, specializing in complex restorative and implant treatments. While in Prosthodontics residency, she was hand-selected to be Chief Resident twice.
Dr. Funtik is dual licensed in both Colorado and Nevada. She believes in helping patients in need and did mission trips to South Africa helping underserved children and Alaska providing dentures to Native Tribes. She believes in life-long learning and is a member of the International Team for Implantology (ITI), American College of Prosthodontists (ACP), American Dental Association (ADA), Spear Faculty Club, American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE) and Nevada Dental Society.
In her free time, Dr. Funtik enjoys Bible Study and the outdoors. She loves nature and animals.
Dr. Funtik's Awards and Accomplishments:
- American Dentist Society - Top 50 Dentists - Colorado - 2023
- TOP DENTIST 2022 Colorado Springs Business Journal
- TOP DENTIST 2021 Colorado Springs Business Journal
- TOP DENTIST 2020 Colorado Springs Business Journal
- 2019 - 2022 Clinical Faculty, American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE) teaching doctors, nurses, dentists facial esthetics
- TOP DENTIST 2019 Colorado Springs Business Journal
- TOP DENTIST 2018 Colorado Springs Business Journal
- Board of the American Heart Association , Colorado Springs 2018
- Mentor, American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE) helping teach facial esthetics 2018
- Spear Faculty Club member since 2017
- International Team for Implantology member since 2016
- Woman of Influence Award Colorado Springs Business Journal 2016
- Spokeswoman for American College of Prosthodontics 2016-2019
- TOP DENTIST 2016 Colorado Springs Business Journal
- Rising Star Award Colorado Springs Business Journal 2016
- Hanau Best of the Best Excellence in Prosthodontics Award outstanding knowledge and skills in the study and clinical practice of Prosthodontics, University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine 2009
- Dentsply Award outstanding student research presentation at 2007 ADA National Convention
- University Merit Scholarship Award on academic merits, University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine
- Phi Beta Kappa The Nation’s Most Prestigeous Academic Honor Society, St. Lawrence University 2005
- Beta Beta Beta National Biology Honor Society, St. Lawrence University 2005
- Merit Scholarship Full-ride academic achievements scholarship, St. Lawrence University 2003-2005
- Rising Star Award One of two students recognized for leadership potential, Pikes Peak Community College 2002/2003
- Outstanding Dental Assisting Student Award Pikes Peak Community College 2001/2002
- Dean’s Scholarship Academic merit award, Pikes Peak Community College 2002
- International Scholarship Award for extracurricular merits, Pikes Peak Community College 2001-2003
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society of the Two-Year College, Pikes Peak Community College 2001
- All Colorado Academic State Team One of the two students selected to represent PPCC nationally on academic merits, Pikes Peak Community College 2002
- Diploma Vuk Stefanovic Karadzic for 5.0 GPA graduating from Medical High School 7th April, Novi Sad, Dental Technician, 2000
- Diploma Vuk Stefanovic Karadzic for 5.0 GPA graduating from Elementary School Ludovit Stur, Kysac 1996
- Student of the Generation Award -Graduating Class of 1996, Teacher's Council Award
5725 Erindale Drive #200
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
(719) 574-2417 | (719) 593-0005