Richard Bernstein, DDS, has been a respected cosmetic dentist, and a leader in the development of smile design techniques for over 25 years. He has trained and worked with many of the world's best cosmetic dentists, and furthers his knowledge with more than 100 hours of continuing education per year. He stays at the forefront of the latest technology and developments in dentistry.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND PROFESSIONAL HONORS
- Bachelors of Science in Biology, from Oakland University, 1973
- Masters in Biochemistry, from WSU School of Medicine, 1976
- Medical researcher at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, specializing in bone and mineral research, 1976-1981
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, from University of Detroit, 1985
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, since 1991
- Accredited member of the American Society for Dental Aesthetics -Dr. Bernstein is the only member of this prestigious organization in Michigan. Only 500 dentists worldwide have met the rigorous standards to earn this honor.
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of Michigan Dental Association
- Member of the Oakland County Dental Society
- Member of the Wayne County Dental Society
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, since 2000
- Diplomate in the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry (ABAD), as of October 23, 2014
ABAD establishes and promotes care standards for aesthetic dentistry. The status of Diplomate recognizes that Dr. Bernstein has met their stringent criteria for technical expertise and natural artistry. As a Diplomate, he has completed 250 hours of continuing education in aesthetic dentistry, successfully completed a 500 question written examination, and submitted ten case studies demonstrating mastery in this area. Dr. Bernstein joins an elite segment of only about 50 individuals inducted into ABAD. They are distinguished as leaders in the field and spokespersons for the profession.
Dr. Bernstein is a generous supporter of education and charitable organizations. His practice donates all mouth guards to the local high school football teams. He is a regular contributor to breast cancer research, as well as donating to many of his patients’ causes and fundraisers.
Dr. Bernstein belongs to the Alpha Omega Dental fraternity. He is one of 64 volunteers who provide dental care to their needy through The Jewish Dental Clinic. Since opening in March 2009, they have:
- Provided over $700,000 in dental services
- Provided over $17,000 in specialty services
- Provided over 2700 hours of services
- Treated over 600 patients
WHEN THE LAB COAT COMES OFF
When he is not working to design and create beautiful smiles, Dr. Bernstein enjoys watching his favorite hockey team, the Detroit Red Wings. He is a hockey player himself, and a member of a local competitive team. He also plays golf, and is a certified scuba diver. His other interests include art, a talent he inherited from his mother. As early as elementary school, Richard Bernstein's artistic skills caught the attention of the Detroit Art Institute, where some of his early mosaic work ended up.
Richard S. Bernstein D.D.S.
31158 Haggerty Rd
Farmington Hills MI 48331