Dr. Tony Kim is a highly trained general dentist who has focused his studies to tackle complex cases. He is focused on delivering superior dental care while not forgetting that patients want to be comfortable and feel relaxed. A primary focus is the holistic relationship between the health of the mouth and the entire body. Dr. Kim has trained with some of the top dental practitioners in the world and is excited to be working with his mentor Dr. Wynn Okuda who is a world famous cosmetic dentist known for his innovative and accelerated advanced treatments.
In only two years, Dr. Kim was voted by patients as one of the Star Advertiser’s Hawaii’s Best General Dentists in 2017.
Dr. Kim is a past board member of the Kaimuki Business & Professional Association and enjoys helping the local community. He also attends Kaimuki Christian Church and faith is one of the most important things he tries to instill in his three children.
He received his Bachelors of Science in Biology at the University of California, Irvine and then received his DDS from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Since then, he has finished many other advanced courses and continues to stay on top of the latest advances in dentistry.
Some of Dr. Kim’s advanced training and accomplishments include:
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Associate Fellow World Clinical Laser Institute
- Graduate from the Esthetic Professionals Comprehensive Esthetic and Restorative Residency
- Graduate from OBI Occlusion residency level 3
- Graduate from the Implant Seminars Mini-residency
- Graduate from the Loma Linda Maxicourse dental implant residency
- Graduate from the United States Dental Institute orthodontic residency
- Certified for use for the Periolase MVP laser for treatment of periodontal disease
- Certified for safe mercury removal (IAOMT protocol)
- Certified for Invisalign orthodontic treatment
- Trained with use for pharyngometer and rhinometer for obstructive sleep apnea screening
Past and Current Memberships
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- International Association of Mercury Safe Dentists
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Hawaii Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- World Clinical Laser Institute
He has taken many courses and attended many conferences which cover the relationship between oral and whole body health. Being a biological dentist Dr. Kim and his family do their best to liv